Flipkart Seller – Thanks to shopping portals like Amazon, Flipkart, and SnapDeal E-commerce and online business has become big in India as these portals have revolutionized the online shopping experience for customers in India.
Because of the various innovative models like COD or cash on delivery and same-day delivery coupled with high discounts and low prices have made e-commerce website like Flipkart a rage and has made it India’s largest electronics commerce store.
During the financial year 2013-14, Flipkart has sold merchandize worth more than USD 1 billion and has a customer base of more than 2.6 crores who are registered users.
Today Flipkart ships more than 50 lakh shipments a month and also generate more than 80 lakh daily page visits.
Thus Flipkart is booming and its business is multiplying and definitely, if you want to sell your products and merchandise online then there is no better place than Flipkart. Thus you can become a Flipkart seller and expand your business by leaps and bounds by going online.
Let us now see how you can become a Flipkart Seller and sell on this magnificent portal:
There are 5 steps involved here to become a Flipkart seller:
- 1-You need to review decisions and register a suitable business entity
- 2- TAX REGISTRATION: You need to provide your PAN, TIN and TAN registration numbers in the name of the business entity
- 3- You need to open a Bank account in the name of the business entity
- 4- Register with Flipkart by submitted all the required documents.
- 5- Finally once you have registered with Flipkart you can start selling on Flipkart.
HOW YOU CAN BECOME A FLIPKART SELLER
You can become a Flipkart seller by registering as a seller on Flipkart. By using the 5 above mentioned steps you can easily complete the registration process and start selling on Flipkart. Apart from all the above steps, these details have to be provided to Flipkart to become a Flipkart seller:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Pickup address/business address
- Categories of product the business is interested in selling through Flipkart
- Business registration documents
- Tax registration documents
NOW LET US LOOK AT HOW BUSINESS REGISTRATION IS DONE TO BECOME A FLIPKART SELLER
Once you have provided all the basic information to Flipkart then you need to furnish this other important information as well to register as a Flipkart Seller.
CASE 1- INDIVIDUAL OR SOLE PROPRIETORSHIP
A sole proprietorship does not enjoy the advantage of limited liability protection and also it is difficult for it to get credit. Thus it is advisable to go for a registered private limited company or an LLP but still, if you want to sell your products as an individual or a sole proprietor then you need to furnish the following documents:
- Telephone bill (Fixed line) in the name of the Proprietorship firm
- Electricity bill in the name of the Proprietorship firm
- Bank Account Statement in the name of the Proprietorship
- Letter from Employer
- Ration card
- Lease or license agreement
- Letter from a recognized Public Authority or Public Servant verifying identity.
- Signed declaration on the business letterhead stating that the individual owns and manages the bank account held in the name of the business.
- Statement of bank accounting registered on Flipkart payment gateway.
- PAN Card
- Voters ID
- Driving License
- Any other photo identity card
- Letter from a recognized Public Authority or Public Servant verifying identity
CASE 2- SELLING AS A PRIVATE LIMITED COMPANY
It is great if you are a private limited company as you will get limited liability protection and more credit. This is the best way to register with Flipkart as a Flipkart seller as you will get many benefits and your registration will also be quick and easier.
These are the documents you need to submit to become a Flipkart seller:
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation of Private Limited Company
- Copy of Memorandum of Association
- Company PAN Card
- Company Telephone bill (Fixed line)
- Company Electricity bill
- Lease or rental agreement
CASE 3- REGISTRATION AS A LLP OR A PARTNERSHIP
You can also register on Flipkart as a partnership but it is advisable to create an LLP as you will get limited liability protection and also more chances of getting credit and apart from that separate legal entity and also quick registration with Flipkart.
These are the documents you need to submit here to become a Flipkart Seller:
- Partnership registration or LLP Incorporation Certificate
- Partnership deed
- Power of Attorney granted to a Partner or an Employee of the LLP or Partnership firm to transact business on its behalf
- Any document identifying Partners and the person holding the Power of Attorney with their photographs
- PAN Card of the LLP or Partnership Firm
- Any officially valid document confirming the address of the Partners and the persons holding the Power of Attorney
- Firm/Partner’s Telephone bill
- Firm/Partner’s Electricity bill
- Lease or Rental agreement
- Company Electricity bill
- Lease or License agreement
TAX REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS ON FLIPKART
Once you have registered on Flipkart as a seller and have decided on applying as an individual, LLP or a Private limited company you will need to furnish these documents to complete the registration process and become a Flipkart seller:
- Business name
- PAN – PAN Card of the individual or private limited company or partnership
- TIN – TIN Number is also known as VAT Number / Sales Tax Number / CST Number in the name of the business
- TAN – TAN is required for Tax Deduction at Source (TDS) – in the name of the business
- Bank account name
- Bank account number
- IFSC code
Thus as we can see that registering on Flipkart as a Flipkart seller is not at all difficult and very easy, only you need to have all the documents in place and agree to the terms and conditions of Flipkart to sell on Flipkart.
By registering on Flipkart your business will expand by leaps and bounds and you will become a fantastic success.